Monday, September 20, 2010

a woodland and lakeside walk

Some of the late-blooming flora (or in various other stages) and fauna, living woodland and lakeside, that I discovered on my mountainside morning walk of a few days ago.  I do not  know the names of any of the flowers; I acknowledge them and appreciate them for what they are apart from their identity.



A cormorant.




































The only way I even saw this frog, as he blended in so thoroughly with it's surroundings, is because it hopped right in front of me!  The photo below this one depicts a different frog but the same scenario.

















I was so energized by the time I got home from that morning's explorations, that I wanted and needed to be up on our 'own' mountain right in the backyard.  Making my way up top on the stone stairway, I came across this beauty.





                                     ...and this cave.....







And then I noticed this.  WHAT THE F**K??!!  and HOW THE F**K??!!





...hold on a minute....   I needed a closer look..........



Further investigation, and.....  ah-HA!




Amazing what you can find in your own back yard.....  there's no place like home!

1 comment:

  1. I get excited each time I see there is a new posting on your blog. The pictures inspire me to focus on more than birds in my travels. I was thrilled to hear that you matted one of your photos.... instantly turns a great picture into a work of art. Perhaps we can exchange calendars this year! Your response to my "list" is treasured... you "listen" so deeply to what is said. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete