Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mountaintop Morning

I left my house before the crack of dawn yesterday, to watch the sun rise from the mountaintop at a nearby state forest, and wait for a few other early-birds (besides me!) to show up--it's still a couple weeks away, when the raptors pass by in flocks on their migratory route, but I hoped perhaps a few might make an early appearance.  This is a small section of the path leading to the peak. 





Color was beginning to form in the sky in every direction, and a layer of fog that hung over the winding river looked like snow for as far as my eyes could follow it.













The sun did rise--but into a cloudy sky, so it didn't burst forth in all it's usual glory; instead it shone in streaming rays, spotlighting portions of the scene below me.







I stepped back into a beautiful stone pavilion for this picture of the golden rays--what's referred to as "God's light" in the photography world--and in my own world!






                                          Here are a few views of the beautiful stone pavilion:










                    Here's that same scene as one of those above, now awakened by the light of day.






After spending a couple hours up on the mountain and realizing there was no activity whatsoever from any creature--flying or crawling, I winded back down the mountain, snapping a few more pictures along the path to where I was parked.


                                                                                                        [Sidenote:  The woods aren't so scary.....  even if there ARE trees that look like they're ready to grab you from the back of your collar and pluck you from the ground!]




















     * * * * * * * * *                               My adventure continues......                           * * * * * * * * *




After meeting up with my husband for breakfast, then parting our seperate ways again, I sought ground-level exploration of lake and river life with wooded surroundings, as well as hoping to capture some specific images for a project I'm currently working on.   I will share my 'little discoveries' found in my exploration in a seperate post.  Thanks for following me on my journey!



1 comment:

  1. it was fun going for a "walk" with you this morning.... the picture of the tree reaching out is fantastic.... I can almost see a face on it!

    ReplyDelete