Sunday, September 12, 2010

Munky in the Middle - WARNING! GRAPHIC.

The following images are of one of our cats who captured a chipmunk.  The little critter is in the cat's jaws.  Needless to say, the chipmunk doesn't look too thrilled and the cat looks way more vicious than he really is!  I guess when the hunt is on, the true nature of the animal comes out.  I did take a few shots of the chipmunk once it was released, but it was indeed caught-and-released many times again as it became the cat's playtoy.  After watching this excitement from a distance, our other cat moved in to join in the fun.  You may wonder why I didn't intervene and allow the chipmunk to escape.  I did think about it, but remembered that my job is it capture 'life happening', not alter it.  And hey.....  that's life!














No comments:

Post a Comment