Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shoot First, Then Ask Questions

I took these images of this raptor yesterday afternoon.  I think it's an osprey.  Does anyone know for sure??











Not the greatest quality, but the crook in the wing is what led me to believe it is indeed an osprey:






                                                      Here it is in a tree eating a fish.







                                              And....  getting ready to take off again!








While at this same place, I also had my eye on a Great Blue Heron.  I'm so fascinated by these magnificant birds, I just can't help photographing them every time I see them!  Their wings are incredible to me, holding up such a heavy bird in flight, and that's what I hoped to capture in the next few images.















              
These ducks caught my attention as they flew across the pond.  They're also in one of the above pictures with the heron.






And finally.....  the release of a caught bass.    One of several bites.......

1 comment: