Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Little Eastern Phoebe

This little bird accompanied me on my walk the other morning!  For about a full mile, this Eastern Phoebe stayed right with me as I meandored down the road, pausing each time I paused, posing for a picture before flying just a couple feet ahead of me, waiting for me to catch up and snap it's picture again...   then flitting off to yet another branch hanging over the edge of the road and looking back at me to make sure I was following...  Throughout the entire distance, I engaged in 'conversation', asking if it perhaps recognized me as the owner of the house it rebuilds it's nest on each spring.  ("You're the lady with the camera, it replied!")  Fantasy aside, I share a few of the shots I took of this bird on the various twigs, vines and branches it perched on along the way while I caught up to it.  Enjoy the sweetness!




















No comments:

Post a Comment