Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red-Winged Blackbirds

Nothing says SPRING like the trill of Red-Winged Blackbirds!




The other day I photographed the seasonal decorations on my classroom window.






Not even a moment later, I noticed some birds flying into view so I moved over to the door to take a picture.




Then many more came!




And even more!!! 






What I didn't notice at the time because everything happened so fast, there were a bunch of Red-Winged Blackbirds amidst the flock.  If you look closely, you'll see flashes of red (and gold) in the following two images.








While I was out taking pictures this morning, the spring-like song of Red-Winged Blackbirds caught my ear.  Here by the river, there was a much more manageable number of Red-Winged Blackbirds that I could focus on individually.  Here are a few of them singing their springtime song.



















No comments:

Post a Comment