Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Different Pair of Bald Eagles

A friend told me about another Bald Eagle nest aside from the one I spent time observing last month.  I was able to locate that other nest last weekend, but did not see any birds in or around it at that time.  I drove away, deciding instead to photograph some waterfowl at one of my favorite places to visit.  To my great, unexpected surprise, no sooner did I park my vehicle on the side of the road and look out toward the marsh, the first thing I immediately saw was a pair of eagles--their piebald bodies contrasting vividly against the background scenery!  With a large lake between us, I got as close as I could physically get with my feet on land, however they were still quite a distance away.  I share a varitey of images that span a four-hour observation. 
























































1 comment:

  1. Magnificent! Can only imagine the thrill of being there to take these shots!

    ReplyDelete