Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wings and Feathers


































                                         I simply had to add these 'wings'...... !





And now for the feathers.....

I've been on a quest for the past few weeks, for a Ring-Necked Pheasant.  Today was my lucky day!  Unfortunately, however, I was unable to photograph it.  I pulled off the road at a prime location for spotting one, but when I opened my car door, I didn't realize there was one just a few feet away!  I startled it into flight before I could grab my camera.  It was a joyful sight though!  I tracked where it flew, allowing room for it to then scurry on foot, and drove to the opposite end of the field to hopefully come at it from that direction.  No luck!  But what I did find, were all sorts of feathers left behind by hawks (a black vulture and Red-Tailed Hawk are pictured above) and other animals of prey.














I'd be remiss if I didn't share the lovely places I took all these photographs!  The fields were vibrant in their fall hues and under a bright blue sky.  You can see why I enjoyed spending time in them today!










3 comments:

  1. the photographs in your mind are often the best... I loved the feathers.... and you will get your pheasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually photographed an inside-out body that some animal left behind. I thought it might be too graphic for some viewer's eyes (or stomach!) but it made me wonder or imagine so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's that kingfisher doing hanging out with a bunch of old crows?

    ReplyDelete