Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Over a Month Into Fall...

...and I keep rollin' with the pictures.  I just can't help myself!  It's my favorite season! 
(Then again, I say that about winter, too!) 
Here are a few random shots:




For all you hikers who climbed the mountain at the bash,
here's the peak, taken from our front yard.
Now that most of the leaves have fallen, it's visible again.
Too bad I couldn't catch a few of you up there that day!






I love the faded, subdued variety of colors amdist a section of bare woods.




 

And yet there's still an abundance of vibrance in other spots!




 




 

For David and Sydel






 
Fallen leaves left a mosaic of ghostly impressions on this tabletop.





 

Now that so many leaves have fallen, I can see the small pond and swamp through the woods
from the bottom of our driveway!  Here are two shots of that.








 
Here's a cute little bird enjoying a snack!




 

And a few others, looking for one!











What would fall be, without a still life of a pumpkin?

 



 
One of my most challenging things as a photographer is editing.
Or, rather, deleting images or choosing which image to use.
I want them all!  And sometimes I just cannot--simply cannot--decide which to use.

So here's another shot of those red berries. 

While I love the one above for the colors of the background,
I really love this one with the more natural background too! 
Funny how just two steps to the right (and several thorns stuck to my leg)
makes such a huge difference.

I pass the job along to you: I'll let you be the editor of which you like best! 






One of our cats followed me into the woods. 




And the other was waiting for me on the front porch when I got back.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fall hiking trip! Loved the titmouse having a snack and the nuthatch defying gravity! And since I am a "cat person", your two beauties made me smile. I liked the second berry picture because I thought the berries jumped out more. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete