Monday, October 4, 2010

Misty Morning

                                                                                *



Saturday morning, after days of rain, the sun finally shone bright again.  Knowing the drop in temperature and the rising sun would create a heavy mist, I visited a nearby lake to check it out firsthand.  I took a few pictures as soon as it came into view. 






Scanning the scene before me, I zoomed in on a cormorant sitting on a buoy (same one you've seen before!) but never have you (or I) seen it like this!  As I made my way along the bank, the lighting of the sun shone in different angles, providing some stunning photo opportunities like the one where the mist actually highlights the duck as seen in the second picture below!  None of the coloring/lighting were enhanced; what you see is exactly what I saw as I walked along the shoreline.










As the mist lifted, clarity set in.





As I turned to leave, a scurrying motion caught my eye, and with my usual reaction and reflex, I snapped a quick picture of this little guy who was camoflagued by the bright sunlight facing him head-on..





My time was limited that morning, as I had a mid-morning appointment to get to, but I did want to seek out some running, flowing, abundantly-filled streams--which I did, but it was a distance away and I was out of time to move in for some closer shots that actually show it. 





Ready to leave, I looked upward, as I usually do, to give my thanks and praise for not only witnessing the beauty around me, but for being able to then share it!  And this is what I saw.

2 comments:

  1. peaceful mornings are my favorite time... thanks for taking me along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the morning. I wake up hours before dawn each day and watch the morning unfold, little by little. With the first note from a bird, to the scurrying of animals to the rising of the sun--black sky to bright.... the promise of a new day.... a fresh new beginning.... I love it. Glad to share it with you!!

    ReplyDelete