Thursday, October 21, 2010

Digging Back - A Red Fox

I passed this animal on one of the local back roads nearby my house.  At first glance I thought it was a small domesticated dog as I drove by, but something told me to turn around and go back.  I had to drive a distance to find a place to turn around, thinking for sure the animal would certainly be gone by then, but to my surprise, there it was, seemingly waiting for me to return!  Even though it had an animal in it's jaws, it didn't seem to mind my presence as I got out of the car for a closer look.  Not feeling threatened, it tended to it's business at hand, however it kept it's eyes on me the whole time.  Here are a few from the series of shots:
















2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a fox in the wild, so these pictures were especially fun. Almost looks like he/she posed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes animals DO pose! They really do! And I always, ALWAYS say 'thank you' to them once I'm done with the last shot. I talk to them as I'm shooting them, too! I really do! I tell them things like how beautiful they are and how happy it makes me to see them and take their picture!

    ReplyDelete