Friday, December 10, 2010

The Reason for the Season - Part I - Pause for the Claus

A friend of mine recently made a statement that caught my attention:
                        "I'm in a very busy season of life"
which in turn created the spark of inspiration for an in-depth look at
this particular season of our lives and the varied perceptions that many
of us share during this holiday season.

But today I begin on a note of merriment!




I was shopping at one of my favorite places in Northern New Jersey when I came across this jolly ol' fellow snoozing in front of the store when I arrived!!  Could it be???!!  Could it really be him ???!!






Talk about a busy season of life!  Santa Claus paused from his busiest season to catch a few winks.  I tried to stir him, but he merely changed to a more comfortable position!




He was then joined by the Mrs., herself!!  Yes indeed, Mrs. Claus joined Santa on the bench, and I was thrilled to be in the presence (presents!) of such a merry couple!




                                               
She was exquisitely dressed in some of the finest fabrics I have ever seen, this side of the North Pole!  From the folds of her skirt, she produced a very special Magic Key.  This key, she explained to a young boy who became near to tears as he told Santa that his house didn't have a chimney, enables Santa to enter every home without a chimney!  The child was reassured when he saw her place the Magic Key into Santa's big, gloved hand.





I followed Santa and Mrs. Claus into the shop for a warmer setting for them to meet and greet the youngsters (and oldsters!) who sought them out.  It was delightful spending time with them and they happily agreed to pose for a few pictures in this magical setting!




Each child was appointed "Honorary Elf" and was given a treat by this kindly couple!



After chatting for some time, Santa leaned closer to my ear and told me he and the Mrs. would be returning to this place every Thursday and Friday, from now until Christmas (4 pm-8 pm) so you can have the chance to meet them for yourselves and your own honorary elves! I took one more photograph before leaving so Santa and his wife could tend to their very important business at hand.  After all, there are many wishes to be filled! 




...and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment