Friday, December 31, 2010

19" of Snow

I forged my way through 19" of snow and embedded almost a third of my body in it, remaining there for hours to take these bird photos.  I didn't mind one little bit!  I absolutely love snow!  And...  birds!

















I've been on a quest for cardinals, and wouldn't you know, as it would happen, no sooner did I come
inside to thaw, when a bright-red male cardinal finally made an appearance and joined his partner at a bird feeder right outside the window.  Through the screen and glass, I snapped a few pictures of them, plus a few other feathered friends who stopped by for a few seeds.

















And just for the fun of it, I played around with the color in the next image to highlight the wings and to match the frosty feeling I felt while photographing those birds.  Pretty wild!





                     ...and not-so-wild is this African Grey Parrot that posed for a few pictures....








                        And one final bird picture: I caught this flock of geese at just the right moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment