Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ice Abstracts

The ponds have been frozen solid for several weeks, and since precipitation has been scarce, the ice is transparent, thus appearing black.  The cracks that form from the movement below the surface create the most incredible sounds one will ever hear in nature.  The eerie moans and wails, sudden bangs and booms are only intensified by your imagination at night.  A light dusting of snow flurries fills in the cracks while the winds create shifting patterns atop the ice.  I captured a few photographs depicting this, however when I looked more closely at the images, I saw beyond the reality......  and with a more abstract perspective.  Shadows and reflecting light, particularly festive Christmas lights, adds another dimension to this frozen art.  Other than cropping, absolutely no enhancements were used in these images.




























Until it snows, I'm certain I'll be returning regularly to observe light changes that will occur with various flicks of  switches around the lake!  If you're interested, you might want to return to this page as well!  And after it snows.....  well....  I'm certain I'll be returning anyway to see that!    (*.*)




                                                                                 *

No comments:

Post a Comment