Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Golden Eagle

We went for a walk today, not too far away, over grounds that have a strong Native American heritage.
If that wasn't enough to evoke feelings of connectedness with nature, one look overhead certainly did!
For there above us was an eagle!  I didn't know at the time what kind it was, but I knew immediately
it was one I'd never seen before.  It stayed a good, long time flying low before spiraling higher and higher
until it could no longer be seen, and we stood in awe watching it.  I couldn't wait to get home to identify
it!  I learned it was a Golden Eagle.  Not completely uncommon to this area, they are rarely seen.

While researching Bald Eagles several years ago, I leanred that juveline Bald Eagles closely resemble
Golden Eagles and are often interchangably mistaken for each other, so I had to make sure my research
was thorough to be correct in identifying this bird with certainty. 

It's with great joy that I share several images of this Golden Eagle.


























No comments:

Post a Comment