Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On the Way Home - Alpacas, Deer and Mallards, Too

I took a different route home from work the other day. 
I love doing that!  I never know what surprises lie around
each bend, and today was no exception.

First, I came across--literally in the middle of nowhere--this sculpture.  I had pulled over to the side of the road to gaze across a swamp.  Lookingout the window over my left shoulder, a sparkle caught my eye.






                                                   Over the other shoulder were these mallards:
















                                               Which took off in a frenzy upon my presence!






        Around the next bend I drove past small farmyard nestled in the woods.  These alpacas smiled at me.










Continuing on my way, I saw this precious scene sprawled out ahead of me, of which I promptly pulled over and snapped a few photos.











The rest of this new route home proved to be scenic, and I vowed to return during different daylight conditions for more dramatic images.

Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment