Monday, February 20, 2012

(Surprised By) White-Tailed Deer

While out in the field today, I sensed eyes on me.  Across the field, I noticed these four deer "hidden" in the tall grass. 







I zoomed in for a better look at them, and after snapping a few pictures, I was startled when they began to run--and suddenly, about five or six more deer, which were REALLY hidden, popped out from the brush right in front of me and bounded away!!  Can you see them in the top photo?  No matter how hard I try, I cannot!  But....  they are there!!












They don't call them "White-Tailed Deer" for nothing!  As the deer leaped and bounded for thicker cover, their tails stood straight up like white flags, signaling an alert to the rest of the herd.  The sudden commotion was a littl unnerving, to say the least!











No comments:

Post a Comment