Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hearty Feathered Friends

A 'sick day' and a 'snow day' rolled into one, I took advantage of being home today and spent time photographing the hearty birds that didn't seem to mind the precipitation that fell all day long.  Most of the photos were taken from an open window overlooking the woods.  I, myself, didn't feel hearty enough to actually be outside today, so instead I did the next best thing--I sat bundled up, tissues handy, kept a steady flow of hot tea in me, and watched the flurry of activity of these birds.  It was a nice, restful way to pass the time.  Four of these 10 different bird shots--the chickadee, the goldfinch, the sparrow, and the titmouse--were from inside another window; I couldn't resist the opportunity for those close-ups.  The others were in their natural settings, shot from my homemade 'blind'.  Enjoy! 

                 Today's post is dedicated to my sister, Diane, who has her own set of wings.

































(Wow, I just noticed that in the last two images, the two birds struck an identical pose and are even perched in the very same spot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment