Saturday, August 27, 2011

(Snow) Geese (?) and Beavers


What struck me, besides the peaceful beauty of those geese floating on the river (could they possibly be Snow Geese?  Do they travel this far south, this time of year?) was the enormous cloud of bugs surrounding them! 



And in staying with the bug theme, this pond was loaded with shiny, white water bugs!  Here's a small group:






What I really had my eye on while at that pond, was a pair of beavers.  One of them came out of the water to nibble on some flowers! 








It scooted eventually away, it's thick, long, heavy, flat tail trailing behind it, back into the water and swam around it's house--only it's head visible above water.






I walked away to leave and was surprised when I turned back around and noticed that now it's mate came onto land!  I snapped a quick picture before I left.




No comments:

Post a Comment