Monday, June 20, 2011

Just When You Least Expect It

I take my camera everywhere.  Sitting on the front porch, got it.  Step out back, definitely.  A ride in the car, absolutely. 

I walked down to my mailbox the other day, hesitating for a moment before moving toward the door, deciding if I should bring my camera or not (a silly notion!)  Well lucky for me, I did!  While standing at the bottom of our driveway, I heard the loveliest chirping from a branch above my head.  There, chirping away, was a Scarlet Tanager.  It's chirp is different than it's usual song; out of every songbird I've ever heard, the Scarlet Tanager sings the song I love the best.  It's voice matches that of a flute so much so, you'd think you were in a concert hall with a private sitting with a world-renown flautist!












That same day, again when I least expected it (even though I always expect it!) more images presented themselves to me.  I was cleaning an outdoor glass tabletop when I noticed inverted droplets of water clinging to the underside of the table.  Upside-down drops!  How unique a perspective!  Here are a few:













1 comment:

  1. LOVE the scarlet tanager pictures. I have only seen one from distance.

    ReplyDelete