Monday, May 9, 2011

Plants & Birds & Rocks & Things Along the River

            This Red-Winged Blackbird welcomed me and the rising sun as soon as I got out of my car.






                                             A pair of geese flew overhead.  (Don't they always??)





                       While photographing this bridge, I watched a fisherman catch several fish.






                                                  This misty scene in the distance beckoned me.





                                When I got a little closer, I noticed this unfamiliar bird along the bank.




                                                           Investigating further, I got a closer look:





                                                      These flowers grew wild along the path.






                                                       And I found a few birds along the way.







...including this Purple Martin which zigs and zags so rapidly, I'm surprised I managed to catch it in my lens!








                                                     This gold finch was then joined by two more!





And this heron flew overhead, then landed on a log in the river.  You could see a few more images from the series I took of this bird in the following (previous) post.





Back at my car at the end of my walk, another (or the same) Red-Winged Blackbird was there.  I caught it flitting off...  and I then did the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment