Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bamboo

While taking a ride the other day, my eyes fell upon a very "golden" scene.  I almost forgot what season it was, for instead of the colors of early spring (or lack thereof), what was sprawled before me was something out of an autumn picturebook.  What was this vegetation growing so thickly this time of year, I wondered?  Upon closer inspection, I was surprised to see non-native bamboo!  The steady rains had saturated the color to very deep, intense shades of amber--from pale yellow to rich orange--with stems tinted green.  The patch spread wildly throughout an old farm, reaching to the adjacent cemetery.  Despite the rain, I had to capture the scene in all it's glory!  GlauraB!


































































No comments:

Post a Comment