Sunday, March 2, 2014

The February Moon and the Shadows It Casts

 
 
 
I was woken by the February moon.  Again.  It beckoned me.  Again. 
I fell for the brightness, for shadows, and for sparkles.  Again.
 
This time, there was also an element of surprise. 
 
I found while editing that when I brightened up the darkness in some images, just for kicks to see what exactly goes on in the sky while visibly we see black. 
 
My first reaction was:
 
*  SURPRISE !  *
 
...followed by a big, scientific "duh".
 
 
The world is just as we see it by day!  Blue sky, wisping clouds...  
  
...and the realization dawned on me that the same world by day is still happening at night,
 
And from a reverse perspective.   All the stars, meteors, and planets we see at night, do not  just "disappear" from the sky, only from our vision.  Out of sight, but still there.
 
 
 
Introducing, the February moon! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
































 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment