Sunday, September 1, 2013

Standing on the Dock--All That's Around Me


Let the healing begin!

Post-surgery, my "walks" became more like "stands".

I was able to go for drives and did a lot of  'pulling over' to shoot out the window when things caught my eye.  When I did step out of the car, I needed to remain close to it.  No wandering--yet.  

This is what I saw on this very rainy, wet day when the spring rains of May first began and I visited one of my favorite places.  Everything had a good soaking, so was vivid in color.


















Bald Eagles in the nest and perched to the left.




































\










































On the ride back home I passed a hilltop covered in grass.  Since I couldn't kneel, this was perfect: I could stand and still capture the dewdrops on blades of grass at ground level.


















I love the greens of the swamp I passed near my house.













Returning to my own neighborhood, I noticed this Great Blue Heron across the pond. 












Other things caught my eye, like this gray squirrel.











The causeway was alive with birdlife!
















































And then looking down:



















A (pretty darn big!) snapping turtle swims by.




























































A neighbor's forsythia blossoms fall to the ground, creating a beautiful, golden carpet.

























Sweetness atop a rock wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment