Sunday, November 25, 2012

Three Hawks in One Afternoon + 1


I recall being sick on this particular day.  Having left work early, I took a scenic route toward home.
I'm not entirely sure, but this might be a Cooper's Hawk that I watched fly across a field.













Before I knew it, another hawk flew into sight, announcing it's presence with it's trademark screech, and the Red-Tailed Hawk landed on a utility pole.








Yet another hawk, possible the mate to the previous one, flew onto a tree in the next field over.
I walked over for a closer look.  It was a beauty!








Nature called it:












And it called back!







And took to the sky.







Flashing it's red tail as it flew.

 
 
 
 
 
 
To add one more, the next day, another hawk--this one a Red-Shouldered--was flying about at dusk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment