Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sometimes Just Sitting By a River Helps

Sometimes just sitting by a river helps. 
I spent two hours yesterday morning just sitting. 
I needed to rest. 
I needed to be still. 
I needed to cool off.
So I sat on a smooth, thick log and just watched.
And listened.








And I let my emotions flow along with the river.









And let the simple beauty around me from where I sit, give me peace.









When I first arrived at this place, a mockingbird caught my ear.  I had never really heard one before (that I knew of) and I stood there amazed -- it must have mocked about two dozen different birds that I recognized!









I followed it with my eyes (and ears) and continued to listen...









Back to my place on the log, I watched a bird.









Beside me were these delicate, tiny blue flowers.  Delicate--A perfect description of  how I was feeling.  Delicate and fragile at that particular time.

 







This Gray Catbird came along, and amused me with its antics.  I followed it for a while without moving from the log.








Amused, as it caught something to eat.







Amused by the way it bathed.









Amused that it was checking me out too!









After a long time, I got up and walked around for a bit, although zapped of any energy.  I was feeling a little more uplifted.  Suddenly, anything I saw immediately became symbolic--representing my various moods and emotions.  This would be titled "Grounded".  Nature does that for me.  It centers me.  It plants my feet firmly on the ground. 










"Clarity".  Seen through the water, these stones lay on the bottom of the river.









"Droopy".  Yet a shiny, bright heart dangles from the tip.









A closer look at this interesting plant that was growing all around.









Another interesting perspective.









"Clinging Onto Stability".









Speaks for itself.











A little berry symbolized "Hope".  For there, deep inside a busy, tangled place, it grew and ripened.









"Bright".  The light at the end of the tunnel.









After a desperately-needed nap, I woke to find these deer in our backyard.









An hour later, this bear walked through too.






It wandered to the exact same spot above the garden in our backyard as the deer had earlier!







As dusk was falling, we drove across the county line, seeking further nourishment.







...and to unwind with some outdoor instrumental guitar music.  It was a beautiful evening.
Music + Nature = Heaven.







This boy and I shared a common interest, as we both were intent on photographing the performer and the scene.







He appeared as serious (or passionate) about it as I am!  I love it when I see that level of interest in anything from a child.  You know it's genuine.  Real. 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for the problems and your loss....I think it has been that kind of week for a lot of us. I really love this segment tho' the pictures are perfect and gave me a feeling of comfort and peace also especially the tiny blue flowers (which are very special to me and I believe are traditional for-get-me-nots). Take care and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Una Lee! One of the reasons I post such intimate details is because I know everyone can relate in one way or another ~ at some degree. I'm glad it brought peace.

    ReplyDelete