Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Portraits of a Great Blue Heron 5/1/12

Me and this Great Blue Heron had the same idea this afternoon.  It was standing on the very dock I anticipated standing upon myself today; it beat me to it!






Uninterested in sharing this space with me, with a few flaps of it's wings, the heron found a new spot at the water's edge a few feet away.  I liked the idea, and settled in for an impromptu photo shoot.  I followed the bird as it moved around the lake.  With the background scenery and natural light constantly changing, it created a pleasing array of images during the hour I spent with this Great Blue.  I will post the photos in chronological order so there's a flow, even though my three favorite shots are all the way at the end!






At the time I took this, I didn't even see the turtle sitting on the log!  I'm glad; I would have been sidetracked!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment