Friday, April 27, 2012

Child-like Wonder and Portraits of a Turkey Vulture

I'll never tire of seeing things in nature, for every glimpse is seen with the same child-like wonder, excitement and appreiation.  It does thrill me, however, when I do come across new things, such a pair of Killdeer, an American Kestrel (the smallest raptor around) and an American Coot which you'll see in upcoming posts. 

Since it's been a while since I've posted, rather than randomly choosing my favorite shots during the past month, I'll continue as I have in the past, taking you for a walk with me in order to share the 'whole' experience.  Sometimes I can see so much in one brief walk after work one day than a whole weekend excursion!  Nature is so full of surprises.  I rarely go out with my camera with one thing in mind.

But first....  speaking of child-like wonder and excitement....  nothing speaks of a more pure joy as:





















Dipping back into March....   The early morning sun glinted off the wings of this duck.








The unique features of these turkey buzzards captivated me this particular day:
































No comments:

Post a Comment