Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doctor's Orders - Part I - Look Up, Cheer Up!

People....  who have five holes in their belly....  their innards removed.....  and the holes stitched up..... 

...are given Doctor's orders to do as little as possible (basically 'nothing') to allow the body to heal from the inside, out.  Time--and plenty of it--is necessary.  Healing cannot be rushed, for it will only backfire and delay progress. 

"Do as little as possible...."  Okay....  besides sinking your teeth into some good reading material, to most people, that means guilt-free plopping on the couch in front of the TV, clicking through the stations, or going through a stack of movies you'd been wanting to watch.  Cool.  Now's the time to do it.

But Laura Brownlee is not like 'most people'.  Not being a "TV person", nor a "movie person", nor even a "couch person"  the feeling of being cooped up indoors participating in that type of limited activity would have adverse affects, being anything BUT healing. 

I've been taking my idle healing time outdoors.  Dressed accordingly to the weather, I'll choose different spots on our property throughout the day to relax and do 'nothing', althernating between reading (I've voraciously devoured a couple books already) or watching my very own Nature Channel on the Big Screen of Real Life, and my remote is attached to the shutter button on my camera.  I am perfectly content watching the natural world around happening *LIVE* from where I sit.  It holds my interest for hours at a time because it's ever-changing.  There's non-stop action, even though it might appear otherwise. 

Looking up at the sky alone--

The same gentle breezes, soft as feathers that lightly stimulate my flesh to promote the natural meshing process at each incision site, are the same breezes that bring awesome cloud formations into view--and out again--from one minute to the next.  With my finger on the remote, I captured a few of my favorite 'sky' moments that occured throughout the past 7 days--one just as the sun was rising, the others during midday.





















                           





Usually, while sitting on our swing (where the two previous images were shot) I would delight when a vulture would fly into the scene.  Even better--hawks!  The Red-Tails typically alert me that they're overhead by their signature screech.  Others, like the Red-Shouldered or the other I haven't identified, will just silently sail by in large spirals--appearing one moment, gone the next.  I'm thrilled each time one flies by.  It adds a whole new dimension to the scene--it comes alive!










No comments:

Post a Comment