Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Natural Expressions

Mother Nature's long flowing hair.







As dark clouds parted to make way for the dawning of a new day, a pair of geese honked thru the scene.






As dawn continued to unfold that day, fog slowly lifted to reveal subdued hues of the scenery.










Other folks were also awake at that hour for their own early-morning thrills, like catching this carp.





And a Red-Tailed Hawk surveyed the scene from it's perch.





Caught this duck flapping by...






While on a weekend retreat, I relaxed on a hammock.  Looking up just before my eyes fluttered closed for a nap, I snapped this picture:





While this cheeky little creature (and many of it's friends) scurried around below where I gently hung and swung.






A hum that momentarily ceased, caught my ear, and then my eye.







Back a few weeks when the floodwaters raged, spilling up and around both sides of this bridge (you needed a bridge to get to the bridge!) this Great Egret surprised me.  It seemed out of place, so far away from the salt marshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment