Monday, August 30, 2010

Oystercatchers And Other Attractions

Our trip continued and we were able to catch the sun rising over the Atlantic, casting a golden glow upon everything, as you can see in the following images.





Stan did some fishing and I walked a few trails, hoping to catch some of the birds that were making such beautiful music to accompany my walk. 




I met up with Stan on the beach and by this time the sun was higher in the sky.  On the otherwise barren landscape (it reminded me of being on the moon!  Check it out below.) our attention was brought to two strange-looking, almost comical birds, that I was later to learn they are American Oystercatchers.  I stayed with this pair observing them for some time.










Skilled hands at work:



Cast aside....   (pun intended!)



The next shots are of what I believe to be some kind of raptor.  Could it be an osprey?  Does anyone know?  Any ideas Kathy? 





While I was looking skyward, this flock of birds appeared seemingly out of nowhere!


Terra firma.  Back down on the ground, here are some 'growing things':




Back to birds....  here's a flock of Cormorants stopping (and waiting) for a bite to eat.


Plenty more to share........  next time...........

And thank you for all your feedback!  I'm glad you like what I do!

3 comments: